Friday, December 26, 2014

"All About the Outfit (Christmas Recap)"


Getting dressed up is always one of my favorite parts of any occasion so when the holidays come around, I use it as an opportunity to pull out the dresses and special pieces that I wouldn't necessarily wear on just any day. I have been hanging onto this Free People headpiece since the summer, waiting for the perfect occasion to pair it with the perfect outfit, and this Christmas seemed like just as good a time as any.

For this outfit, I started with the gold Dripping Coins Headpiece and worked my way to the dress, choosing a soft, ivory lace dress by Kimchi Blue. The details of this dress are very feminine and pretty with ruffled shoulders and a see-through back, perfect for showing off my delicate side and shoulder tattoos. Luckily for me, the warmer weather made an appearance this Christmas, allowing me to get away without wearing tights. Instead, I paired the dress with my Free People Vegan Leather Hooded Jacket, (minus the detachable hood), for a more wintery look. I also like to play with the leather and lace look sometimes for a tough-meets-feminine effect. The shoes fell into place after the jacket, as these Ecote ankle booties paired well against the leather as well as any outfit sans tights at this time of year. These ankle booties have become my favorite touch to many mini dresses. Final touches consisted of creating loose waves in my hair, a middle part, and a small section of braided hair to compliment the headpiece. 

And so this is my process of creating a perfect outfit for Christmas day festivities. 

How do you prepare your holiday looks? Do you have any special pieces that you save for the holidays? Comment below with your own favorite Christmastime looks this season and check out the links posted below to get this look! 









Get the look here:








No comments:

Post a Comment