Saturday, January 3, 2015

"Sequins and Champagne: NYE Style"


Happy New Year, guys! It's officially 2015, can you believe it?! I rang in the new year with lots of family, good food, and drinks. And don't think I wasn't armed with loads of party favors...beaded necklaces, giant party hats, and noise makers included. If there is an occasion where it's considered acceptable to overdose on glitter, sequins, and sparkles, you better believe I will be taking advantage of the opportunity. Mind you, a family get together doesn't exactly call for a semi-formal dress code, or any dress code at all for that matter, but if there's one rule that I have when planning an outfit for any occasion, it's that you can never be overdressed or too dressed up. After all, I know that I personally am happiest and most comfortable when I'm wearing an outfit that makes me feel fun. Plus, if there's any time to work sequins into your wardrobe it should probably be on New Year's Eve. 
I stumbled upon this sparkly little dress in Forever 21 a couple of weeks prior to the big night and instantly knew it would be the dress I would be wearing while welcoming the new year. Nothing screams New Year's Eve quite like a silver sequin mini dress with a bow-back accent. Due to the freezing temperatures, I threw on black tights and my high-low skirted coat that I scored on sale from an NYC boutique last year. Let me tell you, this coat has been a lifesaver in the coldest city conditions. It has the ability to dress up just about anything, all the while remaining flattering and warm. 
As far as New Year's resolutions, my fashion resolution for the new year is to be a little more bold with my looks and not be afraid to mix it up, all the while remaining true to my personal style. So in other words, if I like it, wear it! I believe being free means not holding back when it comes to fashion choices. Simply wear what feels best! 
What are your style resolutions for 2015!? 

Hope you all enjoyed your New Years' and here's to the many special occasions to come this year!



Get the look here:

For more style recaps follow me on Instagram @dreaminginpolaroid  (:


No comments:

Post a Comment